Need a top software guy to get your project back to winning ways?
If you’re struggling to tame an unruly software project, and you need results fast, I might be just the person you’re looking for.
From the last 15 years I’ve been a software developer, business analyst, and project manager. I’ve worked for start-ups, medium-sized companies, and major global brands.
I know what it takes to produce software that brings in profitable results. And I can discuss it with you in plain English, without jargon or techno-babble. You’re a highly skilled person in what you do, but you’re not a software specialist. I get it. I’m on your side.
You see, I’m not just a technical person. I’ve run businesses too. I know that you need answers fast, that you’ve got more important things to worry about that permanently putting out fires and chasing software developers who never quite seem to do the right thing for you.
Let’s face it, you could use a little help with all this.
So how can I help you?
I’ve developed a powerful seven-step system for diagnosing exactly what’s wrong with your software project, and then giving you a prescription for how to sort it out. You can read all about it in my new book, “How To Fix Your Software Project”. You can download a PDF copy by filling in the form on the right of this page, or you can buy a physical copy of the book from Amazon.com.
In the book I talk about the 26 root causes of software project failure, and I give you clear, practical advice on how to fix each one of those failures.
Here’s the list of root causes; which of them applies to you?
Root causes of failure: Management problems
- Poor project management
- Project is trying to achieve too much (scope is too wide)
- Unrealistic expectations
- Unarticulated project goals
- Wrong people on the project
- Marketing failure
- Inadequate support from leaders and upper management
- Poor reporting of the project’s status
- Inaccurate estimates of needed resources
- Stakeholder politics and lack of stakeholder consent
- Commercial pressures
- Built the wrong thing to solve the business problem
- Poor user training and documentation
- Failure to proactively manage risk
- Wrong decision to build software vs customizing an existing package
- People are trying to do too many things at the same time
- Lack of open discussion with third parties concerning budget
Root causes of failure: IT skills problems
- Changing requirements that are not handled correctly
- Low level of customer/user involvement, or involvement too late
- Poor communication among customers, developers, and users
- Use of the wrong technology (immature, outdated, not fit for purpose
- Poor development practices
- Poor software testing
- Poor reporting and handling of bugs and defects
- Inability to handle the project’s complexity
Recognize any of those problems? Need help fixing them? Just enter your name and email on the right hand side of this page, which will give you instant access to my book – a very practical guide to fixing these problems quickly.
For even quicker results, apply to become a client of mine, and we’ll work through it together.
So what exactly will I do to fix your project?
Well, I won’t write the software for you – there’s only one of me, and only so many hours in the day. But I’ll get your project pointing in the right direction to achieve success.
First of all, I’ll understand what you’re trying to achieve, then together we can build a strategy for what you actually need in order to be successful. It’s rarely what you think it’s going to be. We can probably find ways to cut your timescales and your costs without sacrificing any business results.
Then we’ll look at all those problems, big and small, that are stopping you from succeeding… then we’ll bust through them!
I’ll give you the clarity to deal with your developers, to know what you actually want, and to know how to ask for it. Developers communicate in their own special way – I’ll be your translator and your guide.
There’s no need to struggle any more with this – I’ve got your back now.
Get your copy of my book – just enter your details on the right of this page – and you’re well on the road to success.
For faster results, personalized for you, just click the button below to work with me directly: